On the east side of South Cedros Avenue were three houses for the Carpenter family. One for the parents, Elmo and Myrtle, one for their daughter Letha and her husband, Hollis Polm, and one for their son, Armand (Bud). The whole belt south of Lomas Santa Fe, between Cedros and Rios were avocado trees. The groves from Cedros backed up to groves from Rios.
After WWII, in 1947, Bud and his brother Mike reestablished the Carpenter Bros. paint and glass store.
Bud and Mike were charter members of the Kiwanis Club of San Dieguito, which organized January 17, 1949.
[sources: Early Solana Beach, Recollections by George C. Wilkens & Robert “Chuckles” Hernandez as told to Jim Nelson, 2002 and Solana Beach, Forty Years of Progress, 1922-1962, April, 1962]